Back on June 27 I spent a delightful and instructive day helping judge emerging speakers at Sahar Kordahi’s Bright Side of Life Voices of Leadership day.
Over 30 speakers competed in a showcase where they gave three-minute speeches that were evaluated in terms of presentation skills, message content, personal appearance and stage presence. The five winning presenters were Dawn Christensen, Carolyn CJ Jones, Jim Niswonger, Sandra Patino, and Ryann Pryor-Foster. They will give a 15-minute presentation at the follow-up event being held in Pleasanton, California on August 16.
The speakers were trained by Pam Whitman and Sahar Kordahi. In addition to individual coaching the winning speakers will receive
- “Look the Talk” image consulting with fashion expert Olga Kamova
- A speech writing coaching session with me
- “Stand in your Leadership Role” coaching session with Sahar Kordahi
- “Lead and Speak with Balance” with speech performance and movement specialist Pam Whitman
- Support from the collaborative “Voices of Leadership” team
- Referrals to other speaking opportunities
This was a well-produced, motivational and educational event perfect for emerging speakers to develop skills that will take them from “free to fee” in the exciting world of professional speaking.
I highly recommend registering for the August 16th Be the Voice of Leadership event and join in the program that Sahar and Pam have produced.
I caught up with Sahar & Pam after the event and asked them to share the background to the Voices of Leadership. To hear what they told me, click on the podcast icon below.